1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The researcher is interested in the union Bank which was formerly know as Barclay’s bank was a product of the post independence indignation process in Nigeria as part of the abortive banking boom and crash the late 1940s and early so, 1959 saw the biggest country was of coursed triggered off by the establishment of CBN and the era of the free bank period.
This period saw the establishment of the Barclay’s bank domination with others. Although many later fails such as the industrial and commercial bank the Nigeria merchandise bank etc.
Today the Union Bank Plc has emerged as the leader in the banking sector in Nigeria with both the largess number of shareholder and the greater asset base. Even in the face of the unfavourabe business atmosphere and crunching policy the bank has defined all to lead the column of both the new generation bank and its contemporaries.
The question is why all the success stories? It correct that there must have been the product alternative motivation factor, why is the bank not particularly affected like others with frequent staff management disagreement motivation as the root?
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The study is concerned with the motivation of bank workers for higher productivity in the banking sector. As effective motivation of workers is very important for the function of any business most especially in the Nigeria banking sector. The caliber of those that run most of the banking sector have not developed that ability to attract and maintain competent mangers and customers.
Event in the recent year has been a near collapse of this sector leaving many bank in distressed contribution and liquidation while some have managed to survive.
The fact therefore remains flaring that the banking sector and other matter making organization in federal no matter how sophistically well designed its building is still built on efficiency of the available human resources and actual input which has its root at internal during forces developed by that makes the human recourses in the organization and the bank in particular. It therefore take the with and dedication of this groups for this tools to actually function effectively.
Considering the above therefore the need for a diligent and lowest work force for higher productivity cannot be over emphasized. My believe than remain that this is a resultant effect of workers motivation. Poor motivation may portray learn display of lack of interest in the work through non-challant attitude to things that would have helped the banks fortune.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The basic objective of any organization is higher productivity maximization of profit. This cannot however be achieved without enough incentive on the actual tools applied towards this inform of motivation itself.
This research work is designed to achieve the following objective:
1. To identify the extent motivation go as an instrument in the encouraging work productivity in the banking sector with special interest on Union Bank Plc Okpara Avenue Enugu.
2. To find out ways in which lack of proper motivation brings inefficiency and low productivity.
3. To find out whether fringe benefit go as an instrument for higher productivity in the banking sector
4. To identify how the bank offer training facility allowance to their staff
5. To find out ways the customers staff management relationship have any effect on workers job performance in the bank.
1.4 RESAERCH QUESTION
In this research work attempt has been made to provide answer to the under listed pressing question:
1. What are the actual effect of bad or proper motivation go as an instrument in the encouraging workers productivity in the banking sector.
2. Do lack of proper motivation brings inefficiency and low productivity?
3. Does the fringe benefit serve as an instrument for higher productivity in the banks
4. Can the training course use as an inventive for high performance of staff leads to higher productivity in banks?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is aimed at coming out with a recommendation on best workers productivity in an organization and Union Bank Plc, Okpara Avenue and how it can be improved after careful examination of the nature of incentive the best appeals to employee of labour in this era.
It is helped that this study whom completed will assist banks in their operations and enable them to employ adequate incentive scheme and other motivation variable that would optimize the productivity and performance of their operations.
The study completed will identify the motivation factor and incentive variables if any that are currently militating again in area of its job performance and productivity that bank find useful for future planning this work will be of important assistance to the Union Bank Plc or other banks as it will enable them to restructure the aspiration and needs of their workers besides it will be of great important of other organizations or other financial institution since it will expose them to some of the incentives that could motivate workers for higher productivity and other employers of labour will also find this work very useful would enable performance of worker, it appropriately applied.
This research out to serve as a working tool for these whose interest undulated lie in ensuring on increase productivity and equally help the study who wish to carryout a similar study in his establishment.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERM
1. BANKING: This banking ordinance enacted in 1952 defined banking as the business of receiving form the public on current account money which is to be repayable on demand by cheque and of making advances to customer
2. BANK WORKERS: Oxford advanced learner’s dictionary defined bank workers as who own a bank or has an important job at a bank
3. MOTIVATION: Nwankwo G.O defined motivation as what direct behavior towards satisfaction of some need.
4. INCENTIVE: Oxford advanced learners dictionary defined incentives as something that encourage workers to put extra effort in his/her endeavor.
5. PERFORMANCE: Is notable action achievement
Can't find what you are looking for? Hire A Researchproject Writer To Work On Your Topic or Call 0806-703-7559.
Proceed to Hire a Writer »