1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This study examines the role of government in the growth and development of business in Nigeria.
Government is defined as the activities involved in getting and using power in public life and being able to influence decisions that affect a state or a society.
In other words, this work reveals the enormous and significant of government in the affairs of business in Nigeria.
The government of the country makes the development and growth of business realizable through some agencies government or decree etc. For instance, corporate affairs commission (CAC) with the responsibility of registering companies in the country (Simeon B. Baadom. 2009).
Interestingly, someone may ask a question that is there any role that governmentplay in business growth and development in Nigeria? It is not erroneous to say yes, infact, without government according to its definition above, there may not be any conducive atmosphere for business operation in Nigeria.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem is that Nigeria criticize against government because of the way some of our politicians play it. Secondly, the system of government in practice in the country. This posses confusion in many Nigerian that make them ask question like is there any benefit that the country can derive from government? Can the country not do without government? Etc. So, changing this wrong ideology in Nigeria towards government becomes a serious problem which this study serves to investigate.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to examine the roles of government in the growth and development of businesses in Nigeria. The specific objectives of this study are as follows:
1. To evaluate the marketing challenges facing businesses in Nigeria.
2. To find out the extent of government involvement in promotional activities of business.
3. To examine different support agencies and their role in the growth and development of business activities in Nigeria.
4. To find out the advantages of government involvement in the growth and development of business in Nigeria.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
Based on the above problem statement, question like these may be asked.
1. What are the marketing challenges facing businesses in Nigeria?
2. To what extent does government involve in promotional activities of business in Nigeria?
3. What are the different support agencies and their role in the growth and development of business activities in Nigeria?
4. What are the advantages of government involvement in the growth and development of business in Nigeria?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is importance in the sense that
1. Political administrators and political science students, to increase their knowledge of administration with respect to business.
2. Politicians and legislators will be rational in their duties so that business growth and development in Nigeria will not be halted.
3. Researcher on the effect of government policies to the lives of Nigerian citizens.
4. Business men and women will be loyal to the government in power
5. All Nigerian citizens will be law-abiding and desirous for good government and political stability.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This project work is restricted in Nigeria alone. It deals with Nigerian government and its role in the growth and development of businesses in the country. It explains the different ways in which government influence or enhances business growth and development.
Again, it will also suggest the most suitable system of government that can make the above assertion realistic.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The followings are limitations to the research work.
Finance: Accessing fund for the research work as difficult and this to a great extent limited the quality of research activity.
Time: The time allocated to the research work was not sufficient to give room for further intensive work on the field of study.
Organization Policy: Policies of some of the organizations visited limited the level of information received. The personnel of the firms were not willing to give information, stating that it was against the organization’s policy.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Business: This is a process of making, buying, selling or supplying things for money.
Development: This is the gradual growth of something so that, it will be more advanced and stronger.
Growth: This is an increase in size, amount and degree of something.
Government: The activities involved in getting and using power in public, life, and being able to influence decision that affect a country or society.
Role: This is the degree to which somebody or things are involved in a situation or activity and it is effect.
Can't find what you are looking for? Hire A Researchproject Writer To Work On Your Topic or Call 0806-703-7559.
Proceed to Hire a Writer »